Welcome to Colorado Bandmasters Association
Last Update: April 22nd
The high school concert band repertoire lists have been posted to the High School Concert Band Page. Thank you Casey Cropp!
The results of the State Concert Band Festival are on the High School Concert Page.
Recent updates include updates to the job postings page, removing closed jobs, adding Estes Park High School, Widefield Assistant Band/Elementary Band Position and the Westlake Middle School Band Position.
The summer convention page is being updated now, to include the paper registration form. You can register online for the summer convention at coloradobandmasters.com.
The Biographies of the State Concert Band Festival Judges and Clinicians are now posted on the High School Concert Band Page.
The Annual Election is coming in May. Nominations will be accepted beginning May 1st. The ballot will be emailed to membership on the 16th of May, and the election concludes on May 31st. Results will be announced on June 1st. The offices open this year are:
- President Elect
- Second Vice President
- North Area Representative
- Metro Area Representative
- Small School Representative
- Hall of Fame Nominations are accepted beginning May 1st. Nominations should include an essay from the nominator, and a biography of the nominee. The essays and biographies will be presented to membership and the nominee’s will be included on the election ballot.
Members, when considering running for office, you must be able to attend annually – the three board meetings and three general membership meetings. It is a serious commitment of time and focus to serve our membership. The board meets in July at the summer convention, the 2nd or 3rd Sunday morning in September, and the 2nd or 3rd Sunday morning in December. General Membership meetings run in January at CMEA, April at All-State Band Weekend, and in July at the Summer Convention. If you have questions about serving, please contact Ryan Crabtree, Scott Schlup, or Stephen Martin.
The Spring 2018, CBA Student Teacher Scholarship Application, download here. Contact Stephen Martin if you have any questions.
The list of the 2018 State Concert Band Festival participating bands is posted on the High School Concert Band Page, and has been emailed to all participating regional concert band directors.
Did you know? — The convention page contains programs from almost every CBA Summer Convention since 1965, also a synopsis of every convention since 1965. We are missing the 1980, 82, 83, and 84 convention programs, if you have a hard copy, let us scan it and get it on the website.
The Colorado Bandmasters Association Exists to:
- Promote comprehensive music education through participation and performance in band.
- Provide support, leadership, and educational opportunities to students and directors.
- Provide outstanding educational and performance events and venues that encourage, recognize, and reward musical artistry and excellence.
- Work with other organizations to encourage and promote a lifelong love of music among students, teachers, and the community.